Film holder options and setups

your setup is incredibly similar to mine! haha
quick question: on top of your skier lightbox i see you have something replace where the skier negative holder would be. did you simply just make a cardboard cut out to prevent extraneous light from hitting the lens?

thanks!

Did anybody have the opportunity to compare the EFH and the Negative Supply Basic Carrier 35mm? Both directly or whether they heard of anybody comparing the two.

Besides the extra 120 capability of the EFH, I wonder what’s the performance of each and how they compare when it comes to 35mm.

I wonder if the (apparently exceptional) flatness of the EFH is matched by the Basic version of the Negative Supply carrier.

Essential Film Holder

https://clifforth.co.uk/

Very effective and affordable. A no nonsense way of scanning 35, 120, and 4x5 (if not already will soon be available). There are cheaper DYI methods and more expensive complicated devices. Very easy to use manual system, smooth material doesn’t scratch and built in diffuser compensates for LED light sources.

FW

i put the negative supply 35mm holder on top of my skier box, i cut out cardboard to mask the excess light box area. i don’t really do camera scanning anymore, but on the occasion i camera scan a piece of b&w film, i’ve done it this way.
if i don’t respond to more comments on this thread, it’s cause i don’t check this forum much, i don’t use NLP. but maybe if i don’t see a response you can dm me to check and i’ll maybe get an email notification.