Where NLP Metadata are stored?

Really useful set of posts. Been trying to solve something similar.

My brother and I are working through old family negatives - I’m scanning, cropping and converting (NLP’ing) and both the raw and an XMP are mirroring from my Synology box to his with a few hundred miles between us. I have a catalog with external photos at my end, he has the same at the other… and it all kinda works. I scan, he keywords and sorts dates etc. Read metadata back in and we each see the work of the other.

We’re trying to keep everything non destructive as far as possible.

With the raw and an XMP he can see the cropped, NLP’ed photo after import at his end but he can’t edit it himself in NLP because it doesn’t recognise that it’s already been converted… I see why now. The tone curve is standard LR metadata (can see it in the XMP), the NLP ‘converted’ flag is in the catalog… and that’s not mirroring.

Been having a look at LR/Transporter this evening using the info in https://forums.negativelabpro.com/t/metadata-import-into-nlp-custom-metadata-fields/5986/6

… but it all seems somewhat cumbersome.

Hoping I’m missing something but is there a way to say “for this bunch of images, export all the NLP data” so that somewhere else (another machine) you can say “for this bunch of photos, import all the NLP data” and have it just work?

I suspect we’ll just have to figure out how to share a catalog if we want to do it or accept that I NLP and he just does tagging (i.e. no remote NLP) but would be really useful to have an import/export function.

Am I just missing something obvious?

Iain