Color Management/custom profiles at capture - slides

Thanks for instigating this discussion about colour and colour profiling, very interesting. I’m thinking that you’re well on the way to creating a very good system with which to embark on your task. I’m slightly worried by your hot projector light source though. Solux Halogen bulbs are of course the gold standard but are they future proof? Clearly they’re still on sale but for how much longer I wonder. Nicnilov is absolutely correct to suggest that LEDs and CRI ratings are problematic but it would be great if there actually was an LED light source that would fit the bill. Certainly DT Transitions make one for demanding applications, as seemingly do Negative Supply so it must be possible. It would mean that you wouldn’t need to live with that heat, and that fan!

I’m not sure you really need to keep your shutter speed shorter than 1/125, with a short time delay and a solid setup I get sharpness indistinguishable from flash at 1/2 sec.

There is of course a good thread on light sources on here:

I have no knowledge of this company but they seem to be producing some interesting products.