I’ve just tried something.
I’ve inherited a load of transparencies that date back as far as 1950ct. Most of the older transparencies have shifted colours due to age, storage and whatever other causes might exist. I wanted to see if I can use NLP’s internal process to improve the overall appearance of the transparencies.
This is what I did
- changed orientation and cropped to taste
- adjusted WB and the RGB tone curve
- created a virtual copy
- inverted the RGB tone curve
- launched NLP
This is what I got:
Left: Source image, Right: After using NLP
Both images were not customized other than what I listed above.
Further improvements can be made with the HSL and Color Grading tools. Here’s a quick upgrade:
Sky: HSL tool was used to change the saturation.
Grass: Color Grading was used.