Add latitude and longitude to meta data

I use a light meter app on my iPhone when im shooting film which has the ability to record a “note” which consists of a picture of the scene, calculated scene exposure settings, and a gps location of the scene.

Later when working in lightroom, it’d be great to be able add the gps location to a meta data field under negative lab pro. And as a mega bonus it would be great if the gps location could tie in with lightroom’s map functionality!

Thanks!

…you could take the image with your iPhone and then use Lightroom’s map tab to add the coordinates to the negatives - after import of both iPhone photos and digitised film shots.

I’ve used this for a while and it worked well, even if I sometimes forgot to take that 2nd shot with the phone.

that’s true, but it would mean taking 3 photos just to get some metadata in to 1 file.

1. Light meter shot for exposure data
  2. iphone shot for GPS data
  3. Actual photo

I feel like having 2 steps is already taking some from the joy of shooting film - i also don’t currently import my iphone photos in to my lightroom catalogue as it would increase my storage needs even more.

Hopefully it’s not too much to add the extra meta data fields, the map tie-in however might take a bit more work, though that’s just an assumption on my part as i’ve developed anything for lightroom.

Thanks for the tip though!

You only need the Phone shot for the coordinates. Importing the image inLightroom makes the allocation of the coordinated simpler than taking a note and then entering manually in a new GPS field, while Lightroom has a GPS field readily available in the “Exif” selection of the Metadata tool.

You could also use the iPhone for your light meter shot, if you get a photo app that easily displays exposure data.

You could also use the iPhone for your light meter shot, if you get a photo app that easily displays exposure data.

True i never thought of that! Do you know of any apps that show this data when taking a picture?