Sorting Metadata and EXIF Data + Date

I believed that one could easily change metadata, EXIF and date of scanned film images, using NLB 2.2.

I have not found how to do that, or if it is at all possible?

Welcome help, please, or any other solution once the files are in Lightroom.

Hi,

Please read the section in the official guide on how to add and use film metadata.

Thank you very much, Nate.
All is clear now, and I should have checked your website before rushing into this question.
Best regards
Frederic

1 Like

Hi,
I think either I am not sure how to use the tool, or the thing I want to do is not there. I am trying to do two things, I want to sort within Lightroom by the Date, and I change Date in NLP β†’ Shooting, but I think there is no option to sort in Lightroom by it (or is there?).

Second, I am using jfFolderPublisher which is amazing tool, but the Film info & ISO is does not get exported when I use it, is it normal, and there is no this functionality, or I am doing something incorrect?

Best & thanks for amazing work,
Michal

Hi! Yes, you can sort by any of the Negative Lab Pro metadata fields, include the shooting date. To do that, you will want to be in the Library module, select β€œMetadata” from the filter bar, then click on the metadata name, and scroll down to the final section, which is the NLP section, and select β€œDate (YYYY/MM/DD)”

The custom Negative Lab Pro metadata will only be exported on the exif of the file itself if you use the Negative Lab Pro export service. I don’t believe there is a way to integrate with jfFolderPublisher.

export-to-nlp

You’re welcome, and thank you!

-Nate