Dynamic Range importance in scanning film

How important is choosing a camera with a high dynamic range?

Been looking to buy a good used camera for scanning mainly old 35mm film and may be able to get a good used Canon 5DrS camera. But although it as a good 50mp sensor, the dynamic range does not rate as high as some of the other cameras.

Would, say a Sony A7r3 be a better choice, have a lower resolution but better dynamic range.
Comments appreciated, thanks

Dynamic range of colour negatives is not as wide as in positives. I’ve not seen the negative yet, that challenged the possibilities of the EOS 5DIII and M6 I use. I’ve also bracketed shots, and found that it is not really worth the effort for most negatives.

Confirming what DigitIlizer wrote …

I have seen several positive transparencies that challenged the dynamic range of my digital camera’s sensor - but I have not seen any negative that did not easily fit my camera’s histogram without clipping.

As for the most difficult slides, sometimes I take two exposures of the slide - one with no shadow clipping, and a second one with no highlight clipping - and then merge the two shots with software. But if shooting RAW, one shot will usually capture all but the most contrasty slides, so merging two exposures is rarely helpful.