Intelligent Cropping of Negative Scans

This sounds great. I have a couple thousand images that I can upload of various sizes. How many would you like?

Peter

This is great news. Hope it’s progressing well. Would it also be able to straighten the scans? I never seem to be able to scan perfectly level, usually less than 1° or 2° but that still makes quite a difference. Being able to decide how much rebate is kept would also be useful.

Feel free to share as many as you’d like, but I think 100-200 per setup should be good for now… also as part of the training I’ll have it generate variations of the existing, so it will augment the data and make the learning process more robust.

Yep! My goal is to include:

• Auto Level
  • Auto Perspective Correction
  • Choke Tolerance (to expand or contract the auto-cropped area)
2 Likes

They are already there in Lightroom…but it looks like Lr is “searching from inside out” for perspective corrections. If it can be made to search inwards instead, the transitions between rebate and image should be easier to detect, except for thin or dense negatives.

(Scanning 645 negatives in a digitaliza holder gets me borders that appear black or white respectively)