My laptop is not memorising the license key and now it tells that I have reached the activation limit

Hello,
I purchased a V3 license some days ago and I have used it successfully on my Lightroom Classic 12.5. Today, I started to use NLP and was asked to put in my license key (it happened also 2 days ago and worked) but this time it tells me that I have reached the activation limit.
Is this a known problem ? What I can do to solve it ?
Some additional info: I use my laptop in different contexts, at home connected to my box, at work behind a enterprise VPN, on the go connected through my phone. Could that have an influence?
Thanks,
Duy Minh.

Hi,

Is it possible you have anything on your machine that is changing your MAC address? If you do, this will cause issues with your license, as NLP V3 needs this to tie your license to your machine.

-Nate

Hello,
In fact on my laptop I have multiple MAC addresses: for Ethernet I have 3, one is for the internal network interface, one for the usb hub I am using at work, and one for the usb hub I am using at home. For Wifi I have another one. Could it be the cause, because depending on where I am and the circumstances I am using one or the other.
Thanks,
Duy Minh.

Hi Nate, I’ve just run into a similar issue. My NLP was happily activated until a few days ago, now it has lost its License Key and won’t apply my key anymore, although I haven’t applied this key on any other machine.

As far as I’m aware, my MAC address doesn’t change, but I am occasionally behind a VPN.

Thanks,
David

Hello,
Having the same issue over here, I’m going to play around with my MAC address (if that is a thing, I have no clue so far) to see if the license happens to come back. Maybe my vpn messed something up, I have no clue.

Hi!

Same problem here. NLP was running fine for the last month, then in the last few days it lost the license. I reentered the key and it worked, until it stopped again. Now when I enter the license key, it tells me I’ve reached the activation limit.

Thanks!
Chris

Same problem here. Never encountered this issue with any release until v3 onwards. I’m not using a VPN on this computer, and I’m not using any software that changes the MAC address on this device. Keep getting stuck in Trial mode, and then told I’ve reached the activation limit when I try to re-enter the license key, even though I’ve never installed/activated NLP on another device.

Have tried resetting Lightroom settings, reinstalling NLP. Not sure what I did differently but at one point my license suddenly restored, but has since dropped again.

@nate - any ideas on a fix for this? I have an archive of hundreds of negatives I was hoping to process through NLP with my new negative holders and camera, but am seriously considering switching back to Silverfast at this point.

Sorry for the delay everyone… I’ve finally been able to replicate this and have a fix I’m working on for v3.0.3. It looks like there is a bug in the Lightroom SDK that impacts some Windows machines.

In the meantime, if you encounter this problem, please email me at nate@natephotographic.com and I will manually reset your license uses.

-Nate