Negative Lab Pro v2.2 changed the default profile of ACR

I installed Negative Lab Pro v2.2 for testing a few days ago.
However, Negative Lab Pro has changed the default profile of ACR(Adobe Camera Raw) to Negative Lab profile.
As a result, the appearance of my RAW files changed…

So I had to take out the “NegativeLab Camera Profiles” folder located in the “/Users/**/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles” folder.
Did I miss something?

Hmm, that’s weird.

It shouldn’t change any defaults – especially not in ACR.

The only thing I can think of is if there isn’t any existing raw profiles for a camera or scanner model, it’s possible when the Negative Lab Pro profile gets added that it would become the default sort of de-facto, since there isn’t anything else there.

The other possibility is that if you edited the raw file in Lightroom using Negative Lab Pro, and you have it set to sync the metadata to the file, if the camera profile in Lightroom is set to Negative Lab Pro, then it will also be set to Negative Lab Pro camera profile when you open ACR.

Just note that if you remove the camera profiles, Negative Lab Pro will no longer be able to access the correct profiles for your RAW camera scans (or vuescan/silverfast RAW DNG scans) and that will impact conversion quality.


I’m on the following custom setup on an iMac running macOS Mojave:

  1. Installing custom camera profiles to
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

  2. Installing custom vuescan profiles to
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

  3. Installing enhanced settings to
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/

  4. Setting up negative lab shortcut key [ctrl + n]…

  5. Adding shortcut key for Lightroom Classic CC…

  6. Adding Negative Lab Plugin to following directory:
    /Users/…/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/

Some steps are different from Nate’s standard installation.
Step 6: The plugin needs to go into the user library subfolder as pointed out above.
The plugin did not work when I put it into the /Library subfolder while NLP 2.1.2 did.

Yes, I suppose so.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Thanks again.