How to uninstall Negative Lab Pro

Negative Lab Pro didn’t fit my purpose, so I decided not to use it.
I removed it in Plug-in Manager. However, “Negative Lab” still exists in Camera Calibration, Profile:.
How can I remove it?

The NLP installer documents what it does, here are a few lines:

• Installing custom camera profiles to /Users/—/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/NegativeLab Camera Profiles …
  • Installing custom camera profiles to /Users/—/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Vuescan Profiles …
  • Setting up negative lab shortcut key [ctrl + n]…
  • Adding Negative Lab Plugin to following directory: /Users/—/Plugins
  • Changing folder preference for Lightroom Classic CC…

Backtrack the above steps to remove NLP, replacing — with the name of your user account

1 Like

Thank you, Digitizer,

I deleted

• /Users/—/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/NegativeLab Camera Profiles
  • /Users/—/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Vuescan Profiles
  • negative lab shortcut key (in System Preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts - App Shortcuts)

NLP plugin was already deleted.

However, “Negative Lab” still exists in Camera Calibration, Profile:.
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 21.13.26
Where should I check?

Did you move the folders to the trash?

Use Spotlight to find the item…or find and delete the Lr cache files.

Did you move the folders to the trash?

Yes.

Use Spotlight to find the item…or find and delete the Lr cache files.

I cannot find any “Negative” files using Spotlight. And I purged Lr cache files.

However, still “Negative Lab” exists.

Ah well, maybe that @nate can help you with this leftover.

To delete all the files associated with Negative Lab Pro on a Mac, below are instructions on where to look.

(I wish this could be easier, but Apple doesn’t officially provide a package uninstaller tool, and I’ve found that creating a custom installer/uninstaller can lead to to some issues.)

Note that there will be some difference depending on which version(s) you installed.

NLP v3 Uninstall Instructions

Here’s how to uninstall Negative Lab Pro v3

(1) If Negative Lab Pro is licensed on the computer, go to “File > Plugin Manager” and select “Deactivate this Device.” This will ensure you can license Negative Lab Pro on your new computer.

(2) Close Lightroom (IMPORTANT)

(3) Delete the following locations:

The Plugin Folder

MAC: [Macintosh HD] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom / Modules / NegativeLabPro.lrplugin
WIN: C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Lightroom \ Modules \ NegativeLabPro.lrplugin

The Profile Folders:

MAC:

• [Macintosh HD] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles / NegativeLab Camera Profiles

• [Macintosh HD] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles / Vuescan Profiles

• [Macintosh HD] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings / NLP Enhanced Settings

WIN:

• C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \ NegativeLab Camera Profiles

• C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \ Vuescan Profiles

• C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings \ NLP Enhanced Settings

Preferences Folder (v3 and newer)

MAC: / Users / { username} / Library / Application Support / Negative Lab Pro /
WIN: C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Negative Lab Pro

For v2.3 and earlier…

If you are trying to uninstall from v2.3 and earlier, the instructions are a bit different:

The plugin file:

MAC: / Users / [username] / Plugins / NegativeLabPro.lrplugin
WIN: Wherever you manually placed the plugin folder during self installation

The Raw Profile Folders:

Same as V3 locations above.

Again, after deleting those files, you will need to restart Lightroom to see the changes take effect.

If you still see unwanted profiles after this, try going to “preferences > presets” and make sure to uncheck “store presets with this catalog.” Then restart Lightroom. Then look again in the folder locations above and make sure they are all deleted.

-Nate

Hi Nate,

I installed NLP v.3.0 trial and the minor improvements I can notice over the conversions done with v.2.4.2 do not warrant an upgrade, for me at least…

May I know how to revert back to NLP v.2.4.2 in Win10 Pro x64, please?

Do I simply delete the folder “NegativeLabPro3.lrplugin” from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules? Then move the folder “NegativeLabPro-v2backup.lrplugin” from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\ to its place under Modules and rename it by deleting “backup” from the filename?

What about the new profiles that I believe were installed with v.3.0?

Is there a way to simply completely remove both v.2 and v.3 for a clean install of v.2.4.2?

Thanks in advance,
Nic

Yep! That’s right.

To revert back to v2.4.2, you can do the following:

Step 1) Delete the "NegativeLabPro3.lrplugin folder from the following location:

MAC: [Macintosh HD] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom / Modules /
WIN: C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Lightroom \ Modules

(Tip: on windows, your location for “AppData” may be different… you can quickly go to it by going to the Search Bar on your Windows Toolbar, type %appdata% and press Enter.)

Step 2) Move the folder “NegativeLabPro-v2backup.lrplugin” back to the “Modules” folder. (You can also delete “backup” from the filename if you want).

The v3 installer makes a backup of v2 and places it in the following locations:
MAC: [Macintosh HD] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom
WIN: C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Lightroom

You just need to put it back in the “Modules” folder and it should then work.

Step 3) (OPTIONAL) If you’d like, you can also delete the following folders.

MAC: / Users / { username} / Library / Application Support / Negative Lab Pro /
WIN: C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Negative Lab Pro

Thank you so very much Nate!
Is the folder Negative Lab Pro under WIN: <C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Negative Lab Pro> exclusive to NLP v.3.0 and that I won’t lose the assets required for NLP 2.4.2?
Thanks again!
Nic

Yes, that folder is new to v3. You won’t lose anything required for v2.4.2.

Thank you very much again!
Much appreciated!