I give up. Need assistance.
Lightroom CC Classic
NLP ver 2.1.2
This is of course happening the very day after I sold my other scanners and am relying on NLP for my workflow - there’ve been some metadata growing pains finding the path between my old systems and NLP’s metadata workflow. But tonight, my two most recently scanned rolls will not to write the NLP custom data to the appropriate fields on export. I’ve tried multiple variations: exporting singly with a positive to the desktop and other folders, I’ve tried exporting in-place or to subfolder and adding back to the catalog, stacked and not stacked; i’ve turned off and on dozens of options in the export selection fields; i’ve renamed the files, manually synced the metadata; I’ve used the Flickr and IG export screen options, as well as just the default and selected/deselected options manually myself, on and on. Once the file export is complete there are some occasions that ONE option works which is “Retain Custom LR Metadata”: for some file exports in the folder that data will still be present when LR adds it to the catalog, but the camera make, model, etc do not appear. Verified outside LR in explorer and by uploading a number to flickr. The title and captions do not populate, newly or appended, etc etc.
I had this happen several times during my first few runs in previous weeks, but only occasionally, and then it would suddenly work fine - I thought it was just something I did incorrectly on a one-off, but it seems there’s a deeper issue here. Or, more hopefully, something painfully obvious is going on that I just can’t see and have been simply missing during the 6 hours I’ve been chipping away at this. I can certainly provide more detail but do have the energy left tonight, so am posting this much in the hopes it may be enough. Many thanks.