Problems achieving accurate sky colours and other highlight areas

When posting about Image Conversion Issues, please include the following information:

1. Which version of Negative Lab Pro are you using?
    v2.3

2. If using DSLR scanning, please include: 1) camera make/model, 2) lens make/model, 3) light source make/model
    Fuji XT-2, TT-Artisans 60mm f2.8, Photolux A5 LED Ultra Slim Light Panel
    I also use the essential film holder and don’t mask off the light from the light table

3. Please add the conversion you are having difficulty with, along with a short description of what you are seeing wrong with it.
    When converting my scans I often have issues with colour shifts in the highlights, most notably with skies. Here is an example of that and I believe it’s something i’m doing in the scanning proccess as I scanned this twice and get the same issue but in a different area of the highlights due to the position I scanned it.

1. It’s not required, but it’s very helpful if you can provide a link to the original RAW or TIFF negative before conversion. If you don’t want to share this file publicly, you can also email it to me at nate@natephotographic.com
    Here is a link to the RAWs NLB Highlights Problem - Google Drive

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Here is the second scan I did.
Both are conversions on standard settings with frontier, 3 saturation and auto-neutral wb

Orange blobbing… These are light leaks/reflections/illumination issues during the scanning process.

See these entries for further details:

2 Likes

Thanks! Masking fixed it!!

1 Like