‘Profile missing’ error in Lightroom

I scan negatives with my OM-1 and I get a ‘Negative Lab 2.3 Profile missing’ error in Lightroom:

I’m running Lightroom 11.5 with Camera Raw 14.5 on an M1 Mac running macOS 12.6.

I’ve checked — and the profiles exist in the folder ~Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/CameraProfiles/NegativeLab Camera Profiles.

I’ve tried uninstlaling and then reinstalling NLP.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum @dtravisphd

Have you checked that Lightroom actually sees the profiles?

Can you see it in Lightroom’s profile dropdown? (green arrow)
If not, make Lightroom discover the profiles… (red arrow)

Thank you for your help. Lightroom doesn’t see the profiles and when I choose ‘Browse…’ they are not shown.

Hi @dtravisphd,

Is this an OM Systems OM-1 camera? If so, this is a very recent camera, and the camera profile is not currently in the download package.

You can download from here:

To add in Lightroom Classic, go to “File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets” and add from there.

-Nate

Thank you. That fixed it.

Hi nate,
same problem for me with my fuji xt5. Can you help me?

thx :wink:

Welcome to the forum @americo

You can help yourself by using the forum’s search, which will lead you to this:

Hi Nate,
It appears that the dropbox link above for the OM-1 profile is no longer valid (it says ‘This item was deleted’); can you provide an alternative download link?
Thanks!

Hi @RikSchoemaker,

I have the newest camera profiles in here (profiles which are not yet in the main package):

I believe that the OM-1 profile should already be included in the latest version of Negative Lab Pro (v2.4.2).

-Nate

Dear Nate,

My sincere apologies; you are absolutely right and I’d missed that my favorite camera was already covered in your 2.4.2 update! I was confused because I am missing the OM-1 profile in the X-Chrome and E-Chrome packages that I love. Is there perhaps a way to use the OM-1 profile from Negative Lab Pro in these packages?

Kind regards,

Rik

As long as your apps support the use of .dcp profiles, you can use whatever .dcp profile you find on your computer or elsewhere. I occasionally use profiles made for NLP in other apps with photos that need some extra attention. Be aware that these profiles can start your image customizing off of a quite different starting point. Try and discover!

The above is a series of captures that were taken in 1/3 EV steps as shown and customized in DxO PhotoLab version 6.
Top row: Negatives with NLP profile and manual conversion
Middle row: Negatives with DxO profile and manual conversion
Bottom row: Negatives, just white balanced.
From Left: Capture taken with 0 EV compensation, then +1/3 EV, +2/3E V etc. to +5/3 EV

We can see slight changes in tonality and colour…due to the very careless/sloppy manual conversion. Nevertheless, all captures can serve as a starting point.

Unfortunately that doesn’t really work with Nate’s E-Chrome and X-Chrome packages; there is some kind of magic in the provided camera profiles that Lightroom invisibly picks up when it sees a camera file to be edited with the -Chrome presets. I can apply a camera profile setting all right, but that doesn’t allow me to use the E-Chrome and X-Chrome packs with my OM-1 camera. I have tried fooling Lightroom by taking other .dcp files (like the NegativeLabPro one for OM-1) and renaming them to what I assume would be the correct name of the camera profile (e.g. OM Digital Solutions NATE PureTone.dcp) but that doesn’t work so I’m afraid I really do need Nate :slight_smile: