Automactic jpg/ tif copy should overwrite previous copy

I dont know if this is a bug or a feature. If I turn on ‘Make Copy’ to make an automatic jpeg copy. I get an additional copy each time I reopen NLP (2.4.1 Mac with LR6) for the same image. The copies are named ‘…postive, …positive-2, …’. If I change the NLP settings 10 times, I end up with 10 copies.

I would prefer to have only one positive copy, that is always up to date. I need the copies to place them in Affinity Publisher. In this case it is also important that the filename of the image doesn’t change.

Ahh, that’s a great idea and easy to implement.

I’ll add an option to “Overwrite Old Copies” to v3.

So with “Leave on Positive Copies by Default” and “Overwrite Old Copies”, you will always have a single positive copy that is up to date with your latest edits. :+1:

-Nate

1 Like

Thanx Nate. This sounds perfect for me.

Now that this feature is part of NLP 3 (thanks again!!), I have one more suggestion: Is it possible to prevent the copies from being imported into the Lightroom library automatically (or hide them somehow). For me the copies are just a backup, I don’t work with them. And I don’t want to have them in Lightroom, unless I manually add them.