Current recommended SilverFast settings?

hi all.
I’ve seen different recommendations for settings for SilverFast with dust removal.

is 48-bit tiff at gamma 1.0 linear (L* Gradation) currently the recommended format?
do I need to run the Tiff Scan Prep tool with these? my tests seem to indicate the prep tool is not necessary, but the Guide states that the prep tool is required when the tiffs are saved with a gamma of 1.

I’ve tested with (a) HDR raw tiff, (b) 48-bit tiff g1.0 and (c ) 48-bit tiff g2.2
48-bit tiff g2.2 seems to produce greenish results in NLP.
HDR raw tiff and 48-bit tiff g2.2 produce the same (better) results in NLP.
I also get greenish results if I turn the scanner’s lamps up between 200 and 300 (with the intent of keeping as much of the scanned spectrum as possible within the histogram).

when exporting to HDR raw, we can choose between tif and dng. does it make a difference?

cheers
Gregory

Nikon Super Coolscan 4000ED with SilverFast 9

hi, i’ve just started using silverfast and 48bit RAW DNG… import to LR…run the plugin>vuescan update… then whitebalance off film edge before converting w/ NLP… my resulting colours are amazing, but dust/scratches everywhere.

when scanning as TIFF (for iSRD use) i’ve set Gamma 1.0 as Nate noted somewhere… the tiff utility doesn’t really widen the histogram and the resulting scan (no white balance taken from egde) is off. when scanning TIFF at Gamma 2.2 without the utility the result is ok but nothing like the raw.

@Nate, +1 on any advice on Silverfast setting please

Hi,
I have over 80 35mm rolls to scan with a V850 Pro and while NLP looks very good without automated dust/scratch removal somewhere in the process I can’t see myself using NLP, which is a shame.
In my experiments Silverfast is very good at removing dust while Epson scan seems to be better than Vuescan.

@Nate +1 to Silverfast settings or NLP to process IR channel and remove dust.