Direct Link to Alzo copy stand

I know a few here also use this copy stand I’ve been using for (in combination with the Raleno 192 panel) for about 2 1/2 years now very happily. I noticed it hasn’t been available on Amazon for some time and a friend of mine located this direct link to purchase. It is rather middle-of-the-road in quality, far better than the cheaper version, but not the build quality of the truly expensive ones. My only gripe about it is that the teeth in the rail are made of plastic so could be prone to breaking/skipping - I always make sure to support the weight of the camera when making height adjustment and it’s always been just fine. Aside from the it’s pretty much turn-key for our scanning use. There are better DIY solutions many have used, but if this one has worked great for me for quite a long while now for a price that isn’t horrible to stomach. Cheers all.

1 Like

I’m using the same one, though from another brand. It’s OEM being resold whitelabel through various brands. E.g. the Falcon Eyes copystand kit appears to be using the same with added lights:

And mine came from the brand BIG. Solid table for the price, I recommend it as well.

1 Like

Excellent. Good info. It certainly feels a bit white label. :slight_smile: A decent solution though.

Hello. I have been using this stand, but the latch that holds the quick release just snapped. Does anyone have suggestions for what I could use as a replacement?

Welcome to the forum @Eglazier

1. Ask Alzo for a replacement?
  2. Attach a standard Arca-Swiss style clamp instead (if possible)?
  3. Replace the broken off stump by a screw (carefully drill a hole)?

Hello,
Is the tilted support isn’t a problem with this copy stand ?
I don’t understand why it is not a right angle

Enlargers often had columns that were at a slight angle so that when printing large paper sizes the enlarger head stayed central to the baseboard, the same would be true for copying flat artwork with a camera. Clearly it’s not needed for camera copying of film originals but it shouldn’t be a problem, particularly if you use a macro focusing rail for the fine adjustment.

@Harry thanks for the explanation,I understand now👍

1 Like