Hasselblads' FFF with NLP

Hi, will NLP work on FFF’s?
What should best be used as settings in the Reproduction tab of Phocus? There is also the L* working space, and subtab Response has settings Reproduction and Negative…
Does someone have experience with this?
Schermafbeelding 2021-02-12 om 19.58.44

Interesting question and as far as I can see here, Lightroom supports FFF under given conditions. NLP should therefore be able to do its magic with FFF files. According to what I find, NLP can get you good results, if the histogram of the image in question is not too narrow, in which case some preprocessing can help improve results and ease of use. A single setting (for preprocessing) will probably not work equally well on all images - unless they are really well and evenly exposed, in which case, preprocessing should not be necessary.

Only you can find the settings that fit your needs and I recommend that you ran a series of systematic tests to find what you need. Reading the guide and Nate’s other hints can help avoid detours.

Thanks Digitizer!
I’ll read this and do some test tomorrow.

I’ve not used Phocus nor FFF files with NLP however I had a lot of negatives scanned using an Imancon scanner which produces FFF. They are a pain to work with in Lightroom or Photoshop. But there is a simple solution! Just change the suffix to TIF.

Well, I did a test. Tethered to Phocus I made some fff’s that I imported in Lightroom and used NegativeLabPro without a problem. No need to change the suffix to TIF.
NLP is working magically!!
Very happy and bought even before trial was finished…

Love to hear that, thank you!