Issues with syncing tiff conversions between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Mobile

Apologies in advance for how lengthy and confusing this is.

I don’t know if this is an NLP issue or maybe a Lightroom issue but it’s something that just popped up last night and I’d never had any issues prior to now.

I’m working on a few images that have some light leak issues (equipment failure on my end/the camera back I was using) that require a lot of masking and sometimes more intense edits in Photoshop. When I have to do a lot of masking I generally prefer to do this on my iPad because I can be a lot more precise using an Apple Pencil for this.

What I’ve been doing is making all the adjustments I need to in NLP and then doing my masking and further edits on the tiff copy of the original raw file. I’ve had to go into photoshop several times to try and fix one of particular image and I do this in LR Classic using the “Edit in” option and then make my edits using Photoshop. After that I go to File, select “Save,” and up until very recently those edits showed up in LR Classic and also in LR Mobile as a new tiff with a new file name. I had made what I decided was my final big edit in photoshop and then saved the image like I explained above. It showed up in LR Classic almost immediately but didn’t show up in LR Mobile on my iPad, which is where I was wanting to continue editing so that I can mask using my pencil.

I restarted LR Classic and LR Mobile, and have checked to see that everything is synced (which it is). I thought maybe it was just an issue with this specific image since I was kine of in a tiff-ception kind of situation considering how many times I’d gone into photoshop to edit it, but I tried to convert a few other images from the collection I was in, and other different collections and the problem persists. Has anyone ever dealt with this?

TL;DR: Tiff conversions from NLP and tiff edits from photoshop show up fine in LR Classic, but are nowhere to be found in LR Mobile. This has never happened before I’m losing my mind trying to fix it.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum @blairnoe_film

This issue seems to be an Adobe Lightroom issue rather than something that NLP might have caused. Also, there were a few updates of Adobe products and I suppose that one of these has introduced the bug.

Searching the Internet for “problem sync lightroom” brought up a bunch of pages that have been updated within a month. Maybe you’ll find something in these posts…

Lightroom Mobile doesn’t automatically interact with Lightroom Classic. I believe you have to sync the folders in Lightroom Classic that you want to show up in any version of Lightroom (desktop, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.) It doesn’t do that without some setup.