Missing Profiles

Hello All,

I was attempting to fix some color-cast issues I’ve been having with my Mirrorless scans (Fuji XT200) and I realized my profiles were off.

To be honest I hadn’t noticed if this had been a reoccurring issue or not and when I attempting to reformat/redownload my plug-ins/profiles from the v2.2 I feel I may have made things worse. I realize these aren’t very difficult technical tasks but I feel like I’m out of my element with them to fix it,

My current scans read Missing Profile for NLP 2.0 for those I have already converted but if I attempt to convert a new RAW photo in LRC it will only show Adobe Color Profiles, no option for NLP.

However, when I brought in completely new RAW scans (the test ones Nate provides) it will at least give me an option for NLP 2.0. (Images attached)

I wanted to see if anyone has had similar profile missing issues and how you resolved them. Thank you!

-Nick

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum and happy new year!

Looks like you’re on Mac?

I am actually on PC, I think I figured out the Adobe color issue but I’m still not sure why it says the profiles are missing

The profile for Fuji X-T200 is not provided with the current version of NLP,
at least it’s not in the folder on my Mac.

I suppose that the profile will be available somewhere down the timeline.
When exactly, only @nate can tell.

Gotcha, odd seeing as how I’ve had some good results before but lately some results are off. Thanks!

Hi @NickG11,

Hmm, sorry about that, not sure how I missed the T200 previously. This profile will be included in the next package. In the meantime, you can also download the profile for your X-T200 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ucmcc7f3420b2v/Negative%20Lab%20-%20Fujifilm%20X-T200%20v2.dcp?dl=0

Thanks!
-Nate

Oh… also, once you do load that profile, you may find that it immediately throws off the previous conversions (the ones that currently say “profile missing.” The reason for this is that once that Negative Lab profile is found, it will apply those profiles to those images. This will cause a problem because the analysis was done when the profile was missing.

There are two easy ways to fix this:

1. If you want put the previous conversions back to where they were before you loaded the profiles, just change the profile of those images to “Adobe Standard”.
  2. Or, you can just reconvert with the new profiles in place (open up the images, go to the “convert” tab, and hit “unconvert” and then “reconvert” and it will run the analysis off the new, correctly profiled negative).

Hope that helps!
-Nate

Thank you so much Nate! I really appreciate the help!

Sorry for bringing this topic back up, but I have been struggling with this problem of the missing profile for Vuescan scans, even though I reinstalled LR and NLP and made sure I am using the correct scanning settings in Vuescan. Is there any way to solve this? I read about importing the vuescan profiles to LR, but when I just re-downloaded NLP 2.3. I could not find a folder with vuescan profiles…
Any help would be highly appreciated!

Hi @chris-iz ,

If you are on a Mac, you should just run the installer, and it should put all the profiles in the appropriate place.

(If you want to see the files, you can also right-click the installer, and select “show package contents”, then navigate to “resources” and there should be a folder named “Vuescan Profiles” in there.)

So, there are a few things to check if you are on Mac and the profiles aren’t working:

1. Are you should that you scanned with the output in Vuescan set to “48bit RGB”? You have to set it in both the “input” and “output” tab in Vuescan. If you leave this on “auto” then it may scan as a 4-channel, 64bit RGBi, which is no good for Lightroom.

2. What scanner are you using? If you are using a less common scanner, you may need to email me a DNG sample to nate@natephotographic.com so i can add it.

3. In Lightroom, go to “Lightroom > Preferences > Presets” and make sure that “Store Presets with this Catalog” is NOT checked. If that is checked, it could be preventing Lightroom from finding the appropriate profiles.

-Nate