NLP v2.3 profiles missing warning - but conversion works fine?

I am having an issue with NLP 2.4.2 where my conversion works fine (or at least appears to), but the profile tab in Lightroom complains that the Negative Lab v2.3 profile is missing.

I have just done a fresh install of NLP because I thought it may have been the issue, but it has not helped.

I am using a M1 Pro Macbook Pro running macOS 13.6.3 and LR Classic 12.5. My scans were done using a Fujifilm X-T5.

Any ideas on what may be causing this and how to fix it?

Link to raw file here

Hey there!

Quickly checked your conversion using your RAW file and it seems OK, indeed.

A fresh installation of NLP should give you all profiles in this folder:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/NLP Enhanced Settings

You can check the existence of the files in the Finder. If they are missing, I’d suggest to re-install the PlugIn.

The profile should be located as shown below.

If the profile is missing, you might be able to find it in a time machine backup. Re-install NLP as advised above if the file is not backed up…and don’t forget to restart Lightroom.

I’ve had issues with Lightroom Classic not recognising the profiles. In those cases, deleting the “index*.dat” files located in the cameraRAW folders (find them in the root and user library folders) helped: quit LrC, delete the index files, re-start LrC.

How do I fully remove NLP before reinstalling? I ran the installer again but that didn’t fix the issue.

Hi,

As new camera models come out, I create profiles for them and add them to this folder:

If your camera model isn’t in the main download, you should be able to find it in this folder. Just download it, and then go to “file > import develop profiles and presets” inside of Lightroom.

-Nate

1 Like

Thank you so much - I was missing a profile for the X-T5. The conversions look much better now!