Nikon 60mm 2.8D vs Tamron 90mm 2.8 SP Di for scanning

Hi folks, you all helped me pick out the easy35 to do 35mm scanning (of photos from the ‘50s to the 2000s) and I really appreciate it! My next question is which of my lenses would you recommend I use? The camera will be either a Nikon D750 or a Z6. The Nikon 60mm 2.8D has the correct filter thread size for the easy35 which wouldn’t require an adapter but I don’t know if that matters or not. The Tamron 90mm 2.8 SP Di obviously has a longer focal length. From what I read online, the Tamron has more elements, as well. I’m not sure if that will have an impact on the decision, either.

Any advice is appreciated!

The Valoi website gives the native filter thread size of the Valoi system as 62mm which according to the Tamron website is the filter thread size of the Tamron 90mm SP Di, or are there different versions? The 90mm lens will need more extension rings/tubes between the lens and the film holder so you could check with Valoi to see if enough are supplied with the kit.

https://www.valoi.co/easy35lens

Edit: Ah, maybe the non VC version which has a 55mm filter thread, as you say 55-62 step-up is no problem:

I see it comes with all the step-up rings that you might need and a total of 240mm of extension tubes so that should be fine.

I just put together Tamron Macro 90 mm , Canon EOS R, and Valoi easy 35 with 55 - 62 and two rings from the Valoi set and got nice 1:1 reproduction ratio. So it does work . I don’t know how good the lens is - yet to run tests against Vlads Test Target.

Thanks for your response! It’s the non-VC model.

Very cool! Thank you for sharing your setup. Please keep me posted on the results after you’ve done a few. I’d really appreciate it!

Yes, I was too quick to jump to conclusions! Vlad’s setup looks good, you may also consider adding some kind of support for your easy35 if you go with the Tamron, it just ensures that everything stays square and doesn’t slump.