Upgrade to v2.3 profiles with strong color cast

Hello. I upgraded to v2.3 and it seems that the new profiles have a very strong red cast, as in VERY strong. At first I suspected a software issue, but I can’t seem to find anything irregular. Restarted and re-installed a bunch of times, same behaviour on different Mac (Intel) after upgrading. What am I missing here. I attached a screenshot for better understanding.

Hi,

What camera model or scanner model are you using? Is it a Phase One camera by chance?

-Nate

hi nate.
yes, phase one 100mp IQ3 trichromatic.
up until 2.2, it worked fine going through lrc and nlp.

… and is there some info on this? is it something that I can fix? do I need to wait for NLP to update?
I assume it’s Phase One being restrictive towards the environment their files can be used in.
BTW, same “effect” happens trying to export the RAW file .iiq to a DNG file.

Hi @kiko

I have some new Phase One profiles that should fix this issue for you.

You can download the new Phase One Profiles here:

After you download them, you should replace the currently installed Negative Lab profiles with these.

On Windows, you should be able to find the existing profile in
C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ NegativeLab Profiles

On Mac, you should find the existing profiles in:
Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / NegativeLab Profiles

Once you’ve added the replacement profiles, you should restart Lightroom. Any pictures you had previously converted with the problematic profiles, you can open and go to the convert tab and “unconvert”. You should then see the new profiles correctly applied (it should look like a proper negative, not pink). And then you can convert like normal.

Nate

Hi Nate,

thank you so much, I followed your instructions and everything is working fine now.

1 Like

Hi, I am having the same / similar issue with Panasonic S1 Camera, High Res Mode.

In version 2.2 I hat a tiny bit of greenish tint and subtle colors compared to Canon 5D4, but I actually liked it very much for skin tones! For landscapes I made a preset to correct it.
The 2.3 now creates oversaturated images with strong red cast.
Was there a big profile update for the Panasonic also? Is there a way to use the old profiles with the new engine or should I go back to using 2.2?
Appreciate the support.
cheers
Chris

Hi @ChrisBu,

Can you send me a sample raw from your S1 to nate@natephotographic.com?

And to be clear, if you want to upgrade an image from the v2.2 to v2.3 profile, you must first unconvert the image, and then reconvert with the new profile - you cannot just select the new profile in Lightroom - doing so would create color casts.

-Nate