Version 1.3 - Pre-release Bugs and Issues

To make it clear: I see this error both when I am converting single images, as well as groups of images. Quite often, but not always. If the disk is connected or not, have no influence.

I convert Olympus raw files (.orf), but I have also seen this error on jpeg images.
Lightroom Classic CC 8.2

Addition: I have done some testing: As I am converting B&W images at the moment, I began to think of something: NLP start to convert images to B&W as soon as I open it. If I wait until all images are converted to B&W, I get no error msg. So I believe that this msg (:2796:) is related to that some images are not finished with color mode conversion before hitting the “Convert” button.

I’ve got a new bug, unrelated to any of those error pop ups. Actually it might not be a bug, just something that’s not supported.

I’ve got a collection of photos that I’ve converted with NPL which I’ve synced to Lightroom CC. Then when I share the link and view it on the web, the colors of photos are all messed up.
Screenshots attached.

Here’s the link to the web album: https://adobe.ly/2U53pm1

Lightroom Version CC - 8.2
NPL - V.1.3.1
Images - Sony .ARW RAWs

50-AM

You have to sync the Negative Lab Pro camera profiles. Otherwise it will apply the wrong camera profile.

As I understand it, you have to sync the camera profiles through Lightroom Desktop (it won’t sync through Classic CC). But once you’ve synced the profiles, your photos should display correctly.

1 Like

Rgd error :2796: I have done a lot of conversions now without the error. All I have to do is to wait for the selected color model to set for all images before hitting “Convert”. I have not tried other color models than B&W this far. I hope this may help.

Hi Nate,

I’ve found that when I try to create a TIFF copy that it crashes just as the progress bar is starting. Subsequently no copy is actually created.

Is this something you have seen before?

No, have not seen this before… do you receive any kind of error? Are you sure you have enough disk space to make the tiff copy? Does it fail on making a jpeg copy as well?

Thanks @trondkj - that’s very helpful info.

@dcbryan - can you see if that helps with error :2796?

Looks like that’s the answer, I can reproduce the error every time by clicking on Convert before I see the selected photos “load” in the background. If I wait for the same group of photos to load, I never see the error.

I get no error message and have plenty of space for a Tiff copy.

When I hit apply with tiff copy ticked, the saving tiff copy dialogue box opens but the progress bar never starts. Then it disappears and, as I said, no tiff copy is made. The same happens if I try to make a jpg copy.

Frankly I am reluctant to try any other solutions as I am still on trial and only have a few free goes left. I really want to try with other scans to see if it is worth purchasing or if I stick with Lab Scans.

Hmm… it sounds like it is working… depending on your settings in Lightroom, you just may not be able to see the newly created positive copies…

As of version 1.3, Tiff and Jpeg copies are placed in a subfolder named “positives” so it is easier to separate from your original negatives. So, for instance, if your scans are in the folder “Epson V800”, any positive copies you make would then be in the “positives” subfolder.

positives-subfolder

If you want to see the positive copies by default (without having to navigate into the subfolder), be sure to turn on the “Show photos in Subfolders” option. To do this, go into the Library mode, click the “+” symbol to the right of the “Folders” pane on the left-hand side, and select “Show photos in Subfolders”.

show-photos-in-subfolder

Can you let me know if you can find them there, or if you still aren’t seeing them?

Feeling like a dumb ass here!

Yup, had no idea that it created a positive folder. Found it with 5 versions of the same scan in it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Nate, when I tried to run the installer, this was the installation log:

​Beginning installation of NegativeLab Pro…
Installing custom camera profiles to /Users/aluser/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/NegativeLab Camera Profiles …
Installing custom camera profiles to /Users/aluser/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Vuescan Profiles …
Setting up negative lab shortcut key [ctrl + n]…
Adding shortcut key for Lightroom 6…
Adding shortcut key for Lightroom Classic CC…
Adding Negative Lab Plugin to following directory: /Users/aluser/Plugins
cp: /Users/aluser/Plugins/NegativeLabPro.lrplugin/mac/libjpeg.9.dylib: Permission denied
Changing folder preference for Lightroom 6…
Changing folder preference for Lightroom Classic CC…

Is there anything to worry about regarding the “Permission denied” message?

That shouldn’t cause any issues.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you sir!

I’m seeing an error that says “The specified folder is not writable.” whenever I try to click “Convert Negative”. This started happening on NLP version 1.2.1 on Lightroom version 8.3. I tried upgrading to NLP 1.3.1 but am seeing the same error. I’ve tried a bit of folder permission setting, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Hi @whintz!

Yes, this is a known issue with Lightroom 8.3 for Windows, and you need to downgrade to Lightroom 8.2 until Adobe fixes it. It only effects some users, but for those it effects, it seems to break all exporting of photos to specific folders (both trying to export through the regular export dialog in Lightroom, but also plugins like Negative Lab pro that rely on being able to export images to analyze them).

See this thread:

I believe Adobe already has a fix in pre-release so hopefully that will be ready for general use very soon!

Adobe released Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 today which fixes this issue.

Another Negative.lua now:

Any suggestions?

I am on mac, lightroom classic

Bug with reconverting photos that are already in black and white mode prior to conversion with NLP. Will be fixed in next release. Until then, you can try resetting the photo in Lightroom (command - shift - R) and trying conversion again.

Thank you, that did the trick :slight_smile: