An internal error has occurred. ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

New user here. I get the following error consistently when trying to convert negatives. It happens with different rolls, and it’s making working with NLP impossible.

Intel Mac 14.6.1
LR 13.5
NLP 3.02

screenshot

1 Like

Me too. Intel Mac 14.6.1. LR 13.5. NLP 3.02. The computer is new to me and this is on a clean install after a hard drive wipe.

I had cases in which running the installer several times helped. I can’t pinpoint what was wrong then. :man_shrugging:

Same here sometimes works sometimes doesn’t. Almost always happens when I try to process a whole roll and then works if I try an individual image lets me process three or four after that and then errors. Lightroom then tends to crash.
The error occurs when processing just before it’s about show the converted neg.

iMac Intel 2019 i5
40gb ram
OS X 14.6.1 Sonoma
Lightroom Classic 13.5
Camera Raw 16.5
NLP V3.0.2

1 Like

Got the same issue … and downgraded Lightroom Classic to version 13.4.
Now, things work as expected.

attn.: @nate

Thanks for the pointer. I’ve also downgraded to LR 13.4. All fine here now too.

Same here downgrade to 13.4 and it works, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks all. I’m still looking into this but haven’t been able to replicate… if anyone else is experiencing this issue, please leave a comment with exactly what is happening and your system info. Thanks!

-Nate

I’m experiencing the same issue. Specs are as follows:

• LR V13.5
  • Mac Pro 2019 - 3.5ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
    64GB Ram
    macOS 14.6.1

I can not continue if LR gives me an error message. I have to quit and then reopen. My catalog is running off an external drive. Having this issue for the last three days.

Still looking into this, but every report so far of this issue has been with users of macOS 14.6.1.

It look like there may a larger bug here in 14.6.1 itself, potentially specific to Intel machines…

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255722164?sortBy=rank

I’d be curious to know:

1. Have you noticed any other issues with your computer in the last week or so (after 14.6.1 update?)
  2. Does the problem persist after rebooting your machine?
  3. Does the problem persist in Safe Mode (Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support)
  4. For those who downgraded to LrC 13.4, have any of you experienced issues again or are they gone?
  5. If you open up your terminal app (applications > utilities > terminal), and copy/paste the following:
    /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/NegativeLabPro3.lrplugin/mac/magick
    Then hit enter, you should see something like this:

Let me know if you get a different error or if any steps along the way fail.

One other thing to try… disable any other plugins you have (via “file > plugin manager”) and see if that resolves the issue…

I just got a report from user who found the problem resolved when he removed the Luminar plugin from Lightroom…

It could be possible that a conflict in another plugin could be causing this issue.

After I downgraded Lightroom to 13.4 it works now. Same Mac version.

Just one more report of this exact behavior on Sonoma v14.6.1 and Lightroom Classic 13.5. Downgraded Lightroom to 13.4 which resolved the issue.

Disabling all other plugins had no effect in version 13.5.

1. No
  2. Yes
  3. Have not tried but will attempt.
  4. Have not down-graded.
  5. Did not try.

-Erwin

is this issue being working on? I’m having the same issue.

1. No
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Have not down-graded yet
  5. Same as the output screen shot above.

Yes, still working on it.

In other thread, @Digitizer found that the problem was resolved with the beta of the next version of MacOS, which seems to confirm that the issue is with v14.6.1 (and it’s interaction with LrC 13.5).

But I’m still seeing if I can narrow down exactly why this is failing in this specific configuration.

A few other things to try that might also help:

1. Restart Lightroom, then try to convert a new image while in the Develop module (not the Library module).
  2. Go to “file > plugin extras” and with Negative Lab Pro selected, enable the checkbox that says “Reload the plugin and each export.”

I had no issue with 14.6.1. on my M1 MacBook Air though.

It may be a bug specific to 14.6.1 on Intel-based Macs. I believe all the reports I’ve received of the behavior so far have been Intel-based Macs on 14.6.1…

2 Likes

I too am having this issue. Running 14.6.1 on an Intel MacBook Pro. I just click through the prompts to try it again. It rarely crashes Lightroom.

…but even with macOS 14.6.1, we can work around the issue with Lightroom Classic 14.x

I’ve downgraded LrC about 3 times on different Macs and LrC14 always did the trick, also with macOS 14.6.1. Anyways, we’re going to see macOS 15 soon and things will change again.