An internal error has occurred. ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

I’m having the same issue, but I’m running macOS 14.5 (apparently I didn’t know there was an update lol) on an Intel MacBook Pro and using Lightroom 13.5.1 and NLP v2.3. The issue was mostly happening when batch processing a whole roll, but occasionally crashed when I was converting a single negative.

As soon as I downgraded Lightroom to 13.4, the problem disappeared.

1 Like

exact same problem on intel Mac 14.6.1
LR 13.5
Hope someone is working on bug fix

I have Apple M1 Max on a Mac Studio. From all I am reading from you guys sounds like I would be safe to continue & upgrade my operating system to Mac Sonoma 14.6.1. I am currently running LR 13.5.1.
I am not that brave so does anyone else have M1 Max and completed the upgrade?
Any help always appreciated.

This worked for me as well on an intel mac using MaxOS 15.0

Nate:
I’m still having an issue after upgrading to MacOS Sequoia (15.0) on my iMac Pro, with LR Classic 13.5.1 and NLP 3.0.2.
However it seems I can convert 3 or 4 negatives at a time, but no more, without issue. That’s a little better than doing them one by one, which was my workaround before with 14.6.1… :unamused:

Return of an old friend with NLP 3.0.2 on LrC 13.5.1 on macOS 14.7
Same issue with NLP 3.1 (July 19th)

Sometimes, I can convert another row of 9 images after restarting LrC, but not always.
Reverting to LrC 13.4 eliminated the issue.

I was having the same issue with an intel mac. I upgraded to OS 15.0.1 and had the same issue. With a Lightroom version change to 13.4, it seems to have gone away

Experiencing the same issue as other describe

Limited to 4-5 images per conversion before introducing failure on MacOS Sequoia (15.0) LR Classic 13.5.1 and NLP 3.0.2.

Same issue with a M1 MacBook Pro. OS 15.0 and LRC 13.5.1

I’ve had this same issue intermittently on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro Running Sonoma 14.5

I found that the error was thrown in a few scenarios for me.

1. When selecting multiple RAW files to convert, I noticed it would throw it if one of those images was a DNG (I converted one, forgot about it, and it sat in that roll) NLP seemed to not open when the DNG was selected in the group of RAW
  2. Also If I converted let’s say 2 full rolls. and each roll had a “first image” that I didn’t convert. When I batch selected the whole lot of 2 rolls (including the 2 non-converted images) This error popped up.

in both cases, it seemed the only way to fix this was to restart Lightroom Classic, and then select the multiple images I was trying to open NLP for, but NOT select the DNG in case 1 or the un-converted images in case 2.

Using DNG created from Vuescan and edited with NLP 2.x 2 years ago. No change if I try to reset all settings. Got the error if I try to edit only one or if I try several with the new roll functionality.

Any news on this one? I tried an untouched raw (not negative) and the conversion works fine. But if I try a DNG from Vuescan earlier edit with NLP 2.x I’m not able to edit…

I have this same issue, ran into it today. After encountering the problem, I upgraded to NLP v3.0.2. but the problem persists. I have MacOS 14.6.1 and LRC 13.5.1. I am trying to scan a Silverfast 9 DNG and things worked fine with this workflow until today, must have been the Sonoma or the LRC update that messed things up. The last batch of negatives I scanned successfully was on August 1.

Hmm! Just upgraded Lightroom Classic to 14.0.1. and now everything works fine, problem solved!