Changes to Settings in NLP not appearing on image in LrC

I’ve just got a new Mac after the last one died and have re-installed LrC and NLP - all my images seem to be where they should be … phew! However, it’s behaving strangely when I open NLP to edit an image and when I cycle through the Settings - NLP Standard B+W, Palladium, Selenium #1 etc. The main image stays the same but the smaller Navigator image changes. This is different behaviour to my old Mac … and the degree of lag isn’t always the same - sometimes one setting behind, sometimes more, and then the images are the same. The sliders, however, work, although there’s a half-second lag for the change to kick in, and the effect is not stepless. Is there some setting I need to change either in LrC or in NLP? Thanks.

NLP v 3.1

DSLR scan: Nikon D5600, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8, Valoi easy35 v2

New Mac: MacBook Pro 14" M5 Pro 24GB

This is image I was playing with - I’d set Selenium #1, for example, and the screen would still show NLP Standard B+W …

This may be a hardware-related issue. Especially as you have changed computers. If you migrated from an older Intel Mac to a newer Silicon Mac (one of “M” series), the behaviour of the graphics adapter may be the issue. Go to Lightroom Preferences, Performance Tab and make sure the Graphics Processor settings > enable GPU processing with acceleration is enabled. The setting in this tab will most likely be the source of the problem and the solution.

Oh - and by the way - nice photo and good conversion, nice and crisp, good tonality.

Thanks, Mark. I’ll have a look at the settings as you suggest. It was behaving inconsistently which was weird. I did wonder if it was something to do with Lightroom syncing for the first time? I migrated from an M1 Pro to an M5 Pro, so from Apple silicon to Apple silicon.