LR saved preset always defaulting to Pakon S10 for color conversions

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 19.13.04
Why does NLP3 do this? Is there a way to disable it?

I’m using the basic color model and natural HSL, everything else is kept to default

Click on the dropdown triangle and change to a different preset as default. This should work, although I had problems storing a new preset. I’ll have to investigate further though.

The weirdest thing is that in LR’s develop module, the selected preset is NLP-2.3-Crystal-S1 which is different from the one shown in saved preset in library preview as i have attached before. I cannot figure out why this would be, i will just elect to select none for color model going onwards

I’m a little confused… Where are you seeing this? What do you mean by a “LR Saved Preset?”

What steps would I need to create to replicate this?

If you are converting a file with the basic color model and natural HSL, then you should see that the “Profile” in the “Basic” panel is set to “Negative Lab v2.3 - Natural”.


I tried to save a setting that replaces the lab standard by cinematic rich, but NLP never saved it, so the question is closer to how-to than to a bug or issue. Testing this several times made me discover that the soft highs/lows can’t be saved or synced, or at least that I have not succeeded in doing so.

I’ve noticed the same thing for quite some time now and haven’t been able to figure it out or determine if it has any detrimental affect. I was suspecting something may be wrong with my installation.

To clarify (as shown in below sequence):

  1. Image is imported into Lightroom. Default vanilla settings - Adobe Color profile. Nothing special.
  2. Image is converted using NLP - basic with default saturation (3) and a default linear profile with natural LUT with saturation of 5 (in the example, but the effect is the same regardless of these settings)
  3. In Develop panel image profile shows as Negative Lab v2.3 - Natural as expected
  4. In Library panel, the pre-selected “Saved Preset” under quick develop shows (and always shows) NLP-2.3-Pakon-S10

Happy to send over anything else that may help with debugging this.

Confirmed here as well. In Library module under Quick Develop and “Saved Preset”. I never use Quick Develop so would have never observed this myself.

Ok, I’ve been able to replicate this behavior… I’ve never used “Quick Develop - Saved Presets” so wasn’t sure what I should be looking for earlier.

It looks like this behavior has been around since v2.

The good news is that it doesn’t have any actual impact on the image itself (and is just a mischaracterization of what presets have been applied to it).

But in any case, I have a fix already in place for the next version (note that the fix will NOT retroactively change the saved preset name of previous conversion, but new conversions will correctly show that a “Custom” preset is being used).


1 Like

Re-doing a few conversions, I noticed that I got the same “Pakon issue”.
Tested with NLP 3.0.2 on macOS 14.5 on 2019 iMac (5K Retina 8 core)