Metadata when importing into LrC

Hello

Newbie question here

Vuescan DNG RAWs > LrC with NLP 2.4

When I import my DNG raw file into LrC the NLP Guide tells me to…

** After import, select all the files, and go to “file > plugin-in extras > Update Vuescan/Silverfast DNGs” - then follow any instructions it gives you. (This step ensures compatibility, and may not be necessary for all users depending on your scanner model, but is recommended).*
** If step 2 has gone correctly, you should see the profile in Lightroom showing as “Negative Lab v2.1”, and there should NOT be any kind of profile warnings.*

My question is, do I need to do this everytime I import files?
Or is the profile that is created (and now available in the LrC dropdown) the same profile that should be used for all Vuescan DNG files going forward

Apolgies if this is a silly question, I’m sure as I go along and begin to understand the process it will become clearer,

Thanks

Also…
After updating Metadata, when I go to Develop module in LrC, I have various profiles available in the profile dropdown menu (Embedded, NegativeLab v2.0 and v2.1 and v2.3) When I select v2.1 the file is much darker, which from reading the manual is meant to be ‘better’ or more accurate. But why is v2.3 also not darker? Has the Metadata only been read from/for v2.1?

Why not use the latest version?

Manual says to use v2.1 (If step 2 has gone correctly, you should see the profile in Lightroom showing as “Negative Lab v2.1”, and there should NOT be any kind of profile warnings) but not sure if I should assume manual is a bit out of date?

Thanks