Negative.lua:223: attempt to index local 'i' (a nil value)

Just want to say that im gettign this issue too. Trying the trial version and was really hoping to buy this but its not working for me. I’ve tried all the suggestions in this thread and I get the same error message.

:frowning:

So… It now works. I have no, seriously, zero idea why. :crazy_face:

The only thing I have changed recently is I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver, though I do this regularly so it’s not as if the card was using a prehistoric driver.

I’m going to not touch anything settings-wise, try the demo for a week or so then buy it, if it still works. As far as I’m concerned it’s voodoo.

Thanks to Nate and the other posters for their solutions!

1 Like

after reading your update, i tried updating the driver for my GTX 1070 to the September 10th 2019 latest driver. it didn’t work for me :frowning:

Hi, Just downloaded NLP for mac for lightroom 6 and I’m getting the same issue, every attempt to convert gives negative:lua:223. Was there ever a cause/workaround identified?
DSLR scans held on NAS. Permissions appear to be OK.

@stagecoach - Not that I’m aware of. As I mentioned it just started working once I updated my Nvidia driver. I’m guessing it’s probably something else, and yes I did fiddle around with umpteen settings, changing the plugin folder etc. Not that I noticed this doing anything. Then it just worked. I suggest following the advice at the top of this post. Best of luck.

@nate You mention that the filename should consist of only numbers and letters. The first image I successfully converted was a canon CR2 file whose capture name was _IMGnnn.CR2 so I assumed _ was considered a valid letter. in my case all DSLR scans are of this form and containing folders contain spaces. The image that had the error was imported from a folder whose name contained a number of spaces.
If 2.1 fixes the naming issue, when do you expect 2.1 to be released?

• stagecoach

Yeah, no problems with under-spaces… the problem was just certain characters that are reserved in the system to do other things, so I have to sanitize the name to remove those characters internally…

Hmm, that’s weird. I’m not aware of any issues with folder’s containing spaces in name… I have folders spaces and have not had this issue…

This is more likely what is causing the issue… I need to learn more about how Lightroom works with NAS… basically, Negative Lab Pro needs access to the full file (not just preview) - for it to work its magic… if it isn’t available it can cause the analysis to fail…

hi @nate, you are right, in my case it is the NAS that is causing this issue.
I made sure that the NAS was available and converted an image. I then unconverted the image and then forced the NAS offline. An attempt to convert again gave the error. I then remounted the NAS and tried again with the same image and it successfully converted.
Thanks, purchase imminent…
stagecoach

1 Like

Awesome @stagecoach, glad to hear that!

1 Like

I got a same problem here, im installed on my mac and keep get this text " An internal error has occurred. Negative.lua:223: bad argument #1 to ‘match’ (string expected, got nil).

HELP!!!

1 Like

@uni Hey! Having the same issue… Any luck fixing it?

@m.kharkov Hi, I’m stuck with the same problem, did you manage to fix it? I am fairly new to the scanning and editing world so I have little to no clue of how to proceed.

@nate Any tips on how to go by these procedures on a mac?

(Not sure if this info helps but: I am running on a MacOs BigSur 11.1, Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 and NegativeLabPro 2.0)

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Having the same issue, getting the “An internal error has occurred. bad argument #1 to ‘match’ (string expected, got nil)” error message, as well as a longer error message before this

Oops! Something went wrong…
… as we were trying to run the AutoColor 2.0 script.
Command:
“/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/ NegativeLabPro3.Irplugin/mac/magick” -quiet “/var/folders/vr/ 19hhgnj16dn2yzshsb0jd3940000gn/T/00001.tif” -profile “/Library/
Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/NegativeLabPro3.Irplugin/ profiles/ProPhoto.icc” -gravity Center -crop 100x100%…
Error Message:
rosetta error: Attachment of code signature supplement failed: 1
/var/db/oah/
9ac6817a02d40dbd579883c6c2493720e2aa4468b3f8ca3a79dc0b6456e-
39be/
c3bfa743c4d7751b7853c5d56a6246034c73c1aa3af9ef322277187836ef-
b3eb/magick.aot
Exit Status: 34304

Sent an email to Nate but he’s OOO for another five days and would like to try resolve this issue asap