The new sharpening option to leave the settings unchanged is great, but…
My workflow is something like
- Convert negative and set sharpening to say, lab.
- Go back to lightroom and make some small changes, perhaps adding a sharpening mask to avoid over
sharpening the grain, or other minor tweaks to the detail tab
- Go back into neglab to tweak something that I’m not quite happy with
- (forget that I now need to set sharpening back to ‘leave unchanged’
- curse that I’ve now got to re-do the sharpening adjustments.
It would be really nice if there were a setting that said, only do sharpening on initial conversion and otherwise leave the settings unchanged.