Version 2.2 suddenly doesn't work

I’d trialed 2.2, then paid for a license a few weeks ago, spent some time experimenting, and now want to come back and actively start using it … and suddenly it doesn’t work.

The plugin starts to launch; I get a BRIEF flash of the dialog about loading metadata for the image, and then - nothing. The Negative Lab Pro UI dialog is on screen, but no image comes up to go along with it, and the Edit panel controls are all grayed out.

What’s happened since the last time I used it successfully… Lightroom Classic was updated to the latest 10.1 version, etc. Nothing else changed on the system. Suggestions? Should I try uninstalling the plugin (if so, exactly “how” to start fresh) and reinstalling again?

(Running MacOS Mojave, nothing unusual, nothing else has changed, on an extremely stable system)

No such issue here (macOS Mojave, Lr 10.1, DPL 2.2.0 on iMac 19,1)

Maybe you can start the installer again and check its protocol at the end of the installation?
Here’s the protocol after installation (edited for clarity, USERNAME is your user account name)

START

Beginning installation of NegativeLab Pro for USERNAME

• Installing custom camera profiles to
    /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/
    CameraProfiles/NegativeLab Camera Profiles/
  • Installing enhanced settings to
    Settings/NLP Enhanced Settings/
  • Installing custom camera profiles to
    CameraProfiles/Vuescan Profiles/
  • Setting up negative lab shortcut key [ctrl + n]
  • Adding shortcut key for Lightroom Classic CC
  • Adding Negative Lab Plugin to following directory:
    /Users/USERNAME/Plugins/ (Note: I put the plugin into this folder:
    /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/)

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

TO FINISH YOUR INSTALLATION

1. Restart Lightroom
  2. Go to ‘File -> Plugin-in Manager’, then click the ‘Add’ button
  3. Select ‘NegativeLabPro.lrplugin’ and click ‘Add Plug-in’
  4. If you’ve already purchased Negative Lab Pro, add your license number and click ‘ACTIVATE Negative Lab Pro’ (otherwise, you can test Negative Lab in trial mode)

LEARN HOW TO USE: https://www.negativelabpro.com/guide

END

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Opening Negative Lab Pro does not open images. You have an image already selected in Lightroom and then open Negative Lab Pro. Perhaps you could you share a screenshot of what you mean?

The edit control panel will be greyed out if the image has not been converted yet. You will need to go to the “convert” panel and hit “Convert Negative” first.

When no image is selected, NLP does not even open. You can select one or many images at once and NLP should do what it should do, work.

Hi Nate - thanks for the response - it’s fine. My fault! I hadn’t clicked through the Convert button to get to the next step.

(this is more one of those UI things than anything. What can be a little bit misleading is having that dialog flash by so quickly for reading metadata from the file. It can make you think “that” is when the image preview should be coming up.)