Plugin not found in LR after installation

Hi there,

I had to reinstall Lightroom classic on my iMac today and when I tried to install NLP it simply didn’t show up in my plug in screen in Lightroom, although the installation seems to be “succesful”

I’ve been a user since half a year now and everything went fine, never issues, even with updating a while back, until today.

Any tips?

Did you run the NLP installer too while Lightroom was not running? The NLP Mac installer does a few things that might have been overwritten by the LrClassic re-installation.

From the NLP Install Log

• Installing custom camera profiles to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/NegativeLab Camera Profiles/
  • Installing enhanced settings to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/NLP Enhanced Settings/
  • Installing custom camera profiles to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Vuescan Profiles/
  • Setting up negative lab shortcut key [ctrl + n]
  • Adding shortcut key for Lightroom Classic CC
  • Adding Negative Lab Plugin to following directory: /Users/USERNAME/Plugins/

TO FINISH YOUR INSTALLATION

• Restart Lightroom
  • Go to ‘File -> Plugin-in Manager’, then click the ‘Add’ button
  • Select ‘NegativeLabPro.lrplugin’ and click ‘Add Plug-in’. If you don’t see it, navigate in the dialog box to this folder: /Users/USERNAME/Plugins/
  • If you’ve already purchased Negative Lab Pro, add your license number and click ‘ACTIVATE Negative Lab Pro’ (otherwise, you can take Negative Lab for a test drive in trial mode)

Notes:
“USERNAME” is used in stead of your account name in the transcript.
I use /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/ for the plugin. Most Lightroom plugins are installed the the Modules folder…

Yeah I think I might have had LR open while running the NLP installer… What should I do?

Close all applications, restart your Mac, log in and then install NLP again.
Follow the instructions usually helps :wink:

(Restart is not necessary, but it never hurts to reboot every now and then)