About the Feature Requests category

Share ideas and request features for future versions of Negative Lab Pro

Negative Lab Pro is built for YOU. So if you have an idea to make it better, let’s hear it!

• Make sure your topic title fully describes the idea
  • Check to see if other have suggested your idea already
  • Click the :heart: on the ideas you love!

DNG Export

TIF and JPEG are really destination formats. Having a DNG still gives the file “original asset” status and we can still work on it as if it is stall a RAW file with he reversal parts backed in so it processes normally. Even if you had to convert it to a TIF in the process and then wrap that into a DNG, that would be good.

1 Like

What I’d like is a ‘flip horizontal’ button/shortcut in NLP. Often that’s needed when we’re scanning the emulsion side.
LR does not have a shortcut for that, as far as I know. Or , if someone like to tell me how to do make a shortcut…

Hi,

If you’re on Mac, you can make a shortcut for it pretty easily. Just follow the basic directions here for adding a shortcut, but instead of making the shortcut for “Negative Lab Pro” make it for “Flip Horizontal” and set it to whatever shortcut you’d like.

If you on Windows, there isn’t a direct way to create a shortcut for it.

BUT, in either case, please note that in Lightroom you can Flip Horizontal on many photos at once. Just make sure you are in the Library (hit “g” on your keyboard), and select all the photos you want to flip, then go to “Photo > Flip Horizontal” (or use your keyboard shortcut if you set one up on mac), and it will do this to all the images you have selected.

This is easy to do in Lightroom itself, so I don’t imagine I will ever try to duplicate this feature in Negative Lab Pro.

-Nate