Can't install download onto two Mac minis, running Mac Big Sur either on Intel of M1

I downloaded the trial software on both machines and all I get when I run the installer is the script launch window with the guide. Nothing is actually being installed. All I can do is 'Quit" the Script Launch window

Hi,

After running the installer for Mac, you need to add the plugin itself to the plugin manager in Lightroom (file > plugin manager). You may need to navigate in the folders to where the installer placed the plugin file, which should be at “{YourUserName}/Plugins/NegativeLabPro.lrplugin”

(It should place you in the right folder by default when you go to add it, but on some systems, that isn’t happening… so you just need to navigate to where the plugin file was placed by the installer)

See the README file in the download for the full instructions.

-Nate

Same problem here. I just got the 24 inch M1 iMac. Just downloaded LRC 10.3 version. I don’t get past the script page that shows “beginning installation …”. Nothing actually downloading- no blue progress bars, nada. Quit, and do it again. same.
I then reopened LRC and selected “file”, “manage plugins”, then “add”, and it just showed faint (unclickable) grey text saying NLP v. 2.2 149MB. Tried over and over, each time expecting a different result (apologies to Mr. Einstein).
What’s the secret?

Thanks
Jon Archibald

See this article for more details:

thank you, I repeatedly ran the installer, it installed nothing (on my new Mac with M1).
As photo babe said, after “install complete” as the Mac told me, it only offered quit button. I tried Add plugins to lrclassic: nothing there except installer which I know isn’t the plug in and of course won’t load.
Maybe needs Rosetta, like it did for my v750 Epson scan 2 driver, but then Rosetta was offered automatically for that one,
Odd though, Lr Classic kept its NLP presetsor whatever, maybe from when It was on my 2010 iMac, like NLP Frontier and such like…just not NLP software itself. What to do?

M1Macs ask for Rosetta only when the first app for Intel based Macs is started. After that, apps use Rosetta without asking. Please note that Lightroom must be started with Rosetta in order for NLP to work.

The installer creates a log that reads like this:

Beginning installation of NegativeLab Pro for USERNAME
Installing camera profiles to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/NegativeLab Camera Profiles …
Installing enhanced settings to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/NLP Enhanced Settings
Installing custom camera profiles to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Vuescan Profiles …
Setting up negative lab shortcut key [ctrl + n]…
Adding shortcut key for Lightroom Classic CC…
Adding Negative Lab Plugin to following directory: /Users/USERNAME/Plugins

Check if NLP has been installed looking into the folders listed above.

To finish the installation,

1. Restart Lightroom
  2. Go to ‘File → Plugin-in Manager’, then click the ‘Add’ button
  3. Select ‘NegativeLabPro.lrplugin’ and click ‘Add Plug-in’ (If you don’t see it, navigate in the dialog box to this folder: /Users/USERNAME/Plugins)
  4. If you’ve already purchased Negative Lab Pro, add your license number and click ‘ACTIVATE Negative Lab Pro’
    (otherwise, you can take Negative Lab for a test drive in trial mode)

LEARN HOW TO USE: Guide | Negative Lab Pro

You need to NAVIGATE to the folder where the plugin is. There are step by step instructions in the link I provided. I’ will quote that here for your convenience: