Could not load toolkit script: NegativePresets

Hi, I have Lightroom Version 11.6 on a Mac (Catalina 10.15.7).

I just wanted to convert images and got a bug alert from Lightroom saying:

Any ideas how to solve that? Already re-installed Negative Lab. Didn’t solve that issue.

Thanks, David

Hi David,

Can you try something for me?

1. Close Lightroom
  2. Go to this folder: [Macintosh HD] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom / Modules /
  3. Right click the file “NegativeLabPro.lrplugin” and select “show package contents”
  4. You should see a file named “NegativePresets.lua”. Is this file present? If it is all lower case, like “negativepresets.lua”, rename it to “NegativePresets.lua” with that exact use of upper case and lower case.
  5. Restart Lightroom and see if it runs correctly.

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

-Nate

Wow Nate, not only is your response lightning fast but this also solved the issue. I feel like a hacker. :nerd_face:

Thanks so much and thanks for making NegativeLab.

Best wishes from Berlin,
David

Haha, no problem. Glad that fixed it for you!

-Nate

Ciao Nate, thanks for your amazing tool!
I’ve just installed on my MacBook Air M1, also updated rosetta via termina and renamed the filename as you suggested, but i still got the same issue.
How can i solve?
Thanks in advance!

PS1: Here below what is the report from plugin “crash”

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/NegativeLabPro.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.

**** Error 2

The plug-in encountered an error when performing the menu item “&Negative Lab Pro”.

PS2: After rechecking the filename, the NegativePresets.lua is renamed again all lowercase…apparently I can’t rename this file as you suggested.
How is possible?

Ok solved!To rename that file, the plugin needs to be disabled from Lightroom plugin manager, than can be renamed and re-enabled!
Now it works!
Thanks!